Computer Science is all about solving problems. The computers that we use need to be given instructions, usually in the form of a program. This program will feature at least one algorithm, a procedure for carrying out some action. Learning how to design efficient and elegant algorithms is the key to Computer Science but the skills involved are transferable to whole host of subject areas.
In the Lower School, pupils follow three strands:
- Computer Science – programming and theoretical concepts
- Digital literacy – the use of standard office software, email and eSafety
- Creative Media – web design, multimedia, video editing
In the Middle School many pupils opt to study GCSE Computing.
A Level Computing is an option open to pupils in the Sixth Form.
All pupils are introduced to the programming language Python in the Lower School and they will continue to use this throughout their school career.
- One computer rooms each with a printing facility and a projector
- Film making
- 3D Model making and printing
- Raspberry Pi